La Salle County Sheriff's Office
Miguel A. Rodriguez
703 N Main St, Cotulla, TX 78014
Description of Office
The sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer in the county and has a range of duties that include criminal investigations, traffic enforcement, and operation of the jail, including the safekeeping of inmates and operation of the jail commissary. The sheriff also provides security for the courthouse, including the county and district courts, assists with service of subpoena and other process and accepts bail for prisoners in his custody. In a county without a Bail Bond Board, the Sheriff sets bail bond policy for the county. Finally, the sheriff may conduct sales of forfeited property, property being sold at auction for failure to pay property taxes and property sold to satisfy judgments in civil cases.
As with all elected county officials, the sheriff has ultimate authority over the operations of the office, including the authority to hire and fire personnel and direct their daily activities. The sheriff also has authority to determine how to use all other resources allocated to the office during the budget process.
For more complete information about the duties of a county sheriff and other county officials, click here.
Expecting trick-or-treaters or party guests?
- Provide healthier treats for trick-or-treaters such as low-calorie treats and drinks. For party guests, offer a variety of fruits, vegetables, and cheeses.
- Use party games and trick-or-treat time as an opportunity for kids to get their daily dose of 60 minutes of physical activity.
- Be sure walking areas and stairs are well-lit and free of obstacles that could result in falls.
- Keep candle-lit jack o'lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables, keep them out of the reach of pets and small children, and never leave them unattended.
- Remind drivers to watch out for trick-or-treaters and to drive safely.