Dora A. Gonzales, PCC
Tax Assessor Collector
fax (830) 483-5102
101 Courthouse Square, Ste 102
PO Box 737
Cotulla, TX 78014
Tax Assessor / Collector publishes
NOTICE OF 2017 TAX YEAR PROPOSED PROPERTY TAX RATE FOR COUNTY OF LA SALLE
Click Here to download the pdf document.
Texas Registration and Inspection Stickers are Partnering Up in La Salle County
LaSalle County is gearing up for a new Texas Two Step. Beginning March 1, 2015, the state will no longer issue vehicle inspection stickers and will move to a “Two Steps, One Sticker” program. Under the new system, Texas vehicle owners will need to pass inspection prior to renewing their registration. The familiar blue-bordered Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) registration sticker will serve as proof of both inspection and registration.
“LaSalle County is prepared to make this transition as smooth as possible for our residents,” said LaSalle County Tax Assessor-Collector Dora A. Gonzales. “During the first year of the program beginning March 1, 2015, all you will need to do is make sure you already have a valid passing vehicle inspection before you renew your registration in our office, online or by mail.”
When vehicle owners renew their registration, the system will automatically verify whether the vehicle has a valid inspection. Without a passing inspection, the vehicle will not be eligible for registration renewal.
During the second year of the program, beginning March 1, 2016, vehicles’ inspection and registration expiration dates will align to the date that is on the registration sticker. Once the expiration dates are aligned in that second year, you will have a convenient 90-day window to pass inspection first and then renew your registration before the end of the month listed on your sticker.
“When the ‘Two Steps, One Sticker’ program is fully implemented, LaSalle County residents will appreciate having just one sticker in the corner of their windshield and only one expiration date to worry about,” said TxDMV Executive Director Whitney Brewster. “And because a passing vehicle inspection will be a requirement to renew your registration, more vehicle owners will comply with inspection requirements leading to safer and more environmentally sound cars on Texas roads.”
The implementation of “Two Steps, One Sticker” is a result of House Bill 2305 which passed during the 83rd Legislative Session in 2013. The program is joint effort by the TxDMV, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, in collaboration with the 254 county tax assessor-collector’s offices which process vehicle registrations and vehicle inspection stations across the state.
For more information visit:
NOW: PAY YOUR PROPERTY TAXES ONLINE!
The La Salle County Tax Assessor's Office is now accepting payment of your property taxes with an electronic check or a major credit card online. Please note that there is a convience fee of 2 1/2 Percent charged by the processing company for credit card payments and a $2.00 processing fee for an electronic check. The fee will be shown to you as soon as you submit your payment amount. Please include your telephone number and the property number located on your tax statement when making your payment. Be sure you keep a copy of the confirmation number once the payment has been accepted.
You can still make a payment in person during regular business hours in our office on the first floor at the La Salle County Courthouse at 101 Courthouse Square, in Cotulla or you can mail your payments to the PO Box 737, Cotulla, TX 78014. If you would like to make an electronic check or a credit card payment now, please click on the credit cards logo below. You will be re-directed to the Certified Payments website:
Renew Your Motor Vehicle Registration Online
You can renew your vehicle registration for La Salle County if you meet the following requirements:
1. Your vehicle registration may be renewed 90 days before the expiration date, or up to six months after the expiration date, if you have not received a citation for expired registration. Your expiration month will not change.
2. As the vehicle owner, you must be a resident of La Salle County.
3. You must have an active e-mail account.
4. You must carry at least the minimum amount of liability insurance required by Texas law. As part of the online registration renewal process, the TexasSure Vehicle Insurance Verification Program will automatically check to verify that you have the proper insurance. You must enter your insurance information when TexasSure cannot verify.
5. You must have a valid credit card. VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover cards are acceptable for online registration renewal. If you renew online, the total price includes non-refundable funds that support the ongoing operations and enhancements of Texas.gov. There is also a $1 "mail-in fee" that covers your county's cost to process and mail your sticker and/or license plates.
6. The total gross weight of your vehicle is 54,999 pounds or less.
7. You may renew your vehicle registration without having received the renewal notice mailed to you each year.
(Continue on and you can sign up for an eReminder — a friendly e-mail that your vehicle registration sticker is coming due.)
Description of Office
Items required to process Title Transactions:
- Effective September 1, 2013 Identification is required
- Form 130-U (Completed and signed by both buyer and seller) Legal name is required as presented on the required photo identification to be used on all applications for title.
- If a power of attorney is being used to apply for a title, then the applicant must show:
- Identification matching the person or employee of the entity named as power of attorney;
- Business card or authorization written on the letterhead of an entity named as power of attorney that matches the identification of the employee; and
- Identification of the owner or lienholder.
- Current Proof of Insurance
- Out-Of-State Requirements:
- Same as above
- Inspection Form VI-30 (Identification Certificate)
- Weight Certificate (if necessary)